Sitat Olav Øiehaug <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi!
> Few weeks ago I told you about a problem with server crash at
Haroy
> school
> (Norway). I still have problems with thw server. The problem is:
>
> We have two servers. One application server (sirius) with LTSP
and
> one
> fileserver (tellus) with /home and samba
> We use RedHat 7.3
> Sirius, the LTSP server we have a dual AMD 1800+ MSI-mainboard
with
> 1GB Ram.
> Tellus, one AMD 1800+, Asus mainboard, 768MB ram
>
> We use NIS and NFS to connect the two servers.
> We have 18 workstations. About 50 % of the ws have 100Mbit NIC,
the
> rest have
> 10Mbit.
> Both servers have SMC Gigabit NIC, They are both connected to a
SMC
> Gigabit
> switch.
>
> Everything works works OK, but sirius server crashes several
times
> during a
> day. I have tried to disable Mozilla, and I have tried to disable
> printing,
> new and better fileserver (tellus), swapped the ram, upgraded the
> kernel to
> 2.4-18.3, but that did not help.

I think your hardware is somehow to blame for this. During the
last weeks I have struggled with the same kind (although not
identical) of hardware and have the same problems. I also get
segfaults from a lot of applications, and the machine turns itself
off. You could try to use memtest86 (search on google for the web
page) to check your RAM. I suspect my power supply, even if it's a
550W unit. These dual athlons are very picky, it seems. Mine runs
fine on one cpu. Have you seen the same? Try running it for a
while on one cpu and see if it is stable.

--
Mvh Ragnar Wisløff