Michael, why do you say not to run a dual AMD?  I believe I've heard
others mention something about this but do not recall exactly what it
was that was said.  I have an LTSP server that runs a dual AMD (2200),
and 1 gig of RAM.  Sometimes (perhaps a couple of weeks apart), the
server just locks straight up.  It produces no errors but will not
respond to anything.  Is this similiar to this problem?  Does this
machine just lock up and refuse to give any indication as to why?
Olav: I had some bizarre crashing problems that were caused by incorrect
font paths on the workstations.  I switched over to xfs.  I also had
crashing problems on the workstations themselves because I had X running
at a depth of 24, changing it to 16 cleaned up the problem.

Jason Mielke