pedro noticioso wrote:

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Peter,

The wireless thing at Linux World didn't happen.

We were there, and the Etherboot guys were there,
but
we were all so swamped the entire time, that we just
never
got a chance to give it a try.
I'd like to work on PCI wireless cards, but
currently,
there are just way too many things that I should be
working
on instead.

If someone is interested in doing this, I think it
should be a matter
of modifying the initrd to include the NIC module,
and finding
the correct Etherboot image to put on a floppy.

That should be enough to get it booting.

Then, the next trick would be to figure out how to
configure
features, such as WEP and ESSID.

This raises a good question, is the current lts 3
secure enough to add wireless laptops, or should I
just wait for something to lower the risk?

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]