PXE is actually very similar to Etherboot.  They are both IP-based, and
they both do a DHCP request and expect to learn where to get their
bootcode from.

The main difference is that PXE-format bootcode is different from
Etherboot-format bootcode.  The best way to do this is to fixup an LTSP
kernel for PXE systems, and then to build a dhcpd.conf that will give
the right bootcode depending on whether PXE asked for it or not.

I know this is vague, I've read docs, but I haven't done it yet.  The
concept is smooth though, and PXE and Etherboot coexist nicely.

Good luck,
- Jake