Hello,

I am trying to get all the terminals on my LTSP setup to automatically
log in as "student". The server works with gdm or kdm, but not the
terminals. I tried the HOWTO for autologin with KDM, and after fiddling
for days trying to get KDM running and listening for XDM sessions
instead of gdm, none of the autologin stuff worked anyway. When I did
log into the stations using kdm with other usernames "student2",
"student3",etc i couldn't get apps to open--like they weren't set to
open to that display or something. But when logging in as "student"
everythign was fine. So I changed everything back to GDM and the same
problem is happening there too--ARGH!

Can anyone shed some light on my situation?

Many thanks in advance!
--
Daniel Trimpey,
Technology Instructor, Webmaster