We have about 75 to 80 stations working off one main LTSP server.

The server specs are :

Dual 2.8GHz Xeon Hyper-Threaded
2 Gigs of RAM

The workstation vary the slowest being a celeron 333Mhz.

My question though is that for some reason we are receiving .DCOPserver
connection failures for different users mainly at the first part of
logging into the GUI interface for KDE and when they try to lock the
screen when going on a break.  We tried GNOME but found it to be a heavy
load to bare for the server.  We are using KDM as our Display Manager as
well.
Have you every come across this one before or should we try another
aproach as far as Display Managers are concerned?

Also too, we were wondering if there is a way to load balance two or more
servers with a load balancing server in front of the LTSP servers?... Or
do you know of any other methods to achieve load balancing across several
servers with a fail safe that in the event one goes down the others take
over the requests of the workstations that were on that server on the fly.

Regards,
David F.