You have not indicated which operating system you use but is you are in
the Red Hat distributions on Linux then:

TFTP runs under xinetd or ofcourse under inetd(depends on which Red Hat
Linux distribution). In the first case you will just have to confirm that in.tftpd is
installed and then in xinetd.d
switch on tftp to run. The same of course goes for inetd just have to
enable tftp in inetd.conf.

Well, if enabled tftp will always run under inetd or xinetd as long as it
is enabled--well mind the iptables and ipchain rules in any case.

Regards,

Isaiah.