For me I just use spamassassin with an antivirus .cf file. .cfs are the regexp files uses by spamassassin to scan the mail. I have 50 win clients to worry about. You are right that if it is a Linux only network, no av is needed. I did open one if the virii in mozilla and it hung mozilla up with a white screen. I laughed and restarted mozilla and deleted the file.

have fun.

a simple procmail rule will kill all windows executables too.

Peter Billson wrote:
Mike,
  If you are going to be reading the mail only on a Linux system, there
really is no need for anti virus. The system that JAG outlines is
generally used when the mail will be read on Windows clients, which are
vulnerable to all the PIFs and BATs and EXEs and ZIPs and... well you
get the idea.

  If one on these viruses gets to your Evolution client, and your user
tries his/her best to run it, nothing will happen. By the way this also
holds true for all the other spyware, IM software, etc. that kids try to
install.

  I know it is a little unfathomable to many Windows users that you can
run a computer without AV but, really, you can. It is all the security
holes in Windows that makes the AV necessary.

Pete

-- Michael H. Collins Admiral, Penguinista Navy http://linuxlink.com

http://www.gracklenews.com/

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IBM Linux Tutorials Free Linux tutorial presented by Daniel Robbins, President and CEO of GenToo technologies. Learn everything from fundamentals to system administration.http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1470&alloc_id=3638&op=click _____________________________________________________________________ Ltsp-discuss mailing list. To un-subscribe, or change prefs, goto: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ltsp-discuss For additional LTSP help, try #ltsp channel on irc.freenode.net