----------------------------------------- (on students)

This e-mail message and / or its attachment(s) does not engage the responsibility of
the sender nor does it bind the Polytechnic of Namibia in any way.

Dear All,

I have successfully installed LTSP 4 on Redhat Enterprise Linux 3 AS, with 3
test workstations running without a problem.I also got DIreqcafe 1.5 of A.J.
Venter working on this install, using icewm as the default for all the
workstations.

Thanks to all the guys who is working on great OpenSource software solutions!!

The scenario for our LTSP deployment is as follows:

At least 10 workstations (TO BE INCREASED at a later stage) needs to be setup
in our Library, where at least 50 users per day needs to get access to the
Internet using these Workstations. We have at least 5000 students whom
eventually will all need to use the Library Internet Cafe at one stage.

My problem is to configure a browser (preferable Mozilla or Netscape) for all
5000 user accounts. I thought that I could use one default profile or shared
profile for all users, having one home dir, ie /home/students for all the
student users, but Mozilla does not support shared profiles, due to preference
files that gets corrupted easily and other reasons.
See http://www.mozilla.org/projects/embedding/shared_profiles.html for more info.

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Thanks
Rudolf