Hello again Ashvin,

On Sat, 22 May 2004 20:47:50 +0530 (IST)
Ashwin Gami _00007020_ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear Friend,
>
> Thanks for nice suggestions.
> I added SOUND_DAEMON  = esd
> Now i can run real-player on client when i use Esound support in
> Audio Driver Options
> whereas in totem player there is no such option and sound comes on server
> itself
> Should I run Totem media player as local application ??? ( will it work?)
> Or there is another way?

Good to see that you got realplayer working. I'm Irish but live in the US and
realplayer is my one "must have" audio application for listening to Irish radio!

I'm not familiar with Totem but it seems that  it is not esd-aware. If you've
installed all the plugins for totem, read about all the configuration options in the
documentation, checked out  the advanced option menus, and still don't have the option
to divert the sound output to esd, the easiest solution would probably be to change to
applications that are esd-aware.

I use xmms and vlc media player (www.videolan.org)  and both work well on the clients.
vlc can play video and audio, it plays pretty much everything that Windows Media
Player does - if there is not enough network capacity to transfer video and audio it
drops the video. Just be sure you track down a package that includes all the codecs
you need.  If you're lucky someone will have built such a package for Mandrake.

Good luck,

Jesse McDonnell