Ashvin,

On Thu, 27 May 2004 20:08:32 +0530 (IST)
Ashwin Gami _00007020_ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Jesee
> Thanks for your valuable suggestions
> I installed vlc player and now sound is working fine on clients by default
> Whereas video is not working on client, when I play video file on client,
> vlc disappears.
> Any configuration is required for video in vlc?
> Video and audio in real-player is working fine on clients.
> Thanks in advance.
> Very best regards,
> Ashvin

Below is  a reply I sent earlier on this week on the issue of vlc not displaying video
in case you missed it.  It seems that vlc is crashing in your case but it would be
worth your while to try some files encoded at a low bitrate to see if network
bandwidth is the problem. What version of vlc are you using? What is the speed of your
network?

/pasted reply

Try experimenting with a number of different low video resolution  .mov and .wmf
files.  In general, they play fine for me on the clients - I'm using VLC 0.7.0 on a
K12LTSP server on a 100TX  network.  However, I have run into some files where only
the audio would play. Since none of these files were "must see' items for me I only
did a little bit of troubleshooting and didn't look into fine tuning. The cause of the
lack of video in my case was that the video was high resolution and consumed more
network bandwidth than I had available.  I believe VLC drops the video if there is not
enough bandwidth to carry video and audio.

Perhaps all the clips you're trying to play are high resolution.  Playing a low
resolution clip should let you know if your problem is setup and configuration or a
network bandwidth issue.

\pasted reply

Please send all replies on this topic to the ltsp-discuss list also. Your email was
sent to me but I'm cc'ing the reply to the ltsp-discuss list. That way, others who may
have the problem can benefit or you can benefit from additional input.

Good luck!

Jesse McDonnell