Am Montag, 21. Juni 2004 11:20 schrieb Anthony Whitehead:
> On Monday 21 June 2004 08:27, Michael Messner wrote:
> > > Ok, I just have to ask. Why use LTSP for this purpose?
> >
> > Because I like it, it's very easy to get working thin clients with
> > ltsp. You can handle everything from one server and you have only one
> > database (mysql) and one backend (mythTV) running on this server!
> > So just the frontend is running on the client and normally the client
> > must not run, and you can record programs (This I have not tried it
> > because I've no TV-cards and also I have not finished the server
> > know).
>
> Yup, this is the standard method for MythTV. One or more backend
> servers with TV-cards and several front end clients, it is possible to
> run both the front and backends on the same server but not recommended.

yea and I like to boot the mythTV-Terminal via ltsp.

> On the other hand, I'm a big supporter of the "because its there!"
> reasoning. If you need anything tested, I have a pretty good test lab
> with a whole range of different clients and servers.

thanks for the offer!
I hope to get some server space from a friend to open the poject in the
next time.

> You might also want to look at the windows client for MythTV, gives
> another option for running frontends on clients who must use that OS.

Not now (but eventually in the future), I have a lot of work in front of
me to get everything to work quite good and I also want to write a manual
for the case you'll see on the pictures!

cu mIke

--
"Ueberlebenstraining,
so ueberleben Sie trotz Windows"