Hello folks...

I am trying to get an older Micron laptop working
using wireless LTSP.  I am now past the dreaded grey
screen of X and to a point where I am getting a nice
sharp mouse curser but the background screen looks
like it might be some combination of screens
overlayed/tiled or something.
I found a config file that someone else used to get
this laptop running under Linux and put the values
from his XF86Config file into the lts.conf file but
when I bring the laptop up with runlevel 3 and look at
the entries in /tmp/XF86Config I do not see any sign
of my lts.conf entries.  I have also noticed that when
the laptop is coming up and lists Current Hostname it
does not seem to know who it is.  I can also type
hostname from the bash prompt and it does not know who
it is but if I watch the output of the server syslog
as the laptop is booting the server knows the laptop
name.  I have put the assigned range of ip address
used by dhcp in the server host file and given each ip
address a name.  This is name the server uses and I
would expect the client to use.  Anyone have any  idea
what I am missing here?  I have been through the 3.0
documentation and all of the archives and not found
anything that fixes my problem.  I may have to do a
custom XF86Config but do not see why I need to if I
can get lts.conf to work.  I suspect that the lack of
lts.conf entries in XF86Config and the laptop not
knowing its hostname are related but am kinda stuck
here. Thanks for any help.

Phil
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]