I have a sound daemon (mrcvd from MuNAS) that I currently run on the
clients through inittab. However I would like to put it under lts.conf
control and launch it from rc.sound (or a rc.d script) instead (through
"mrcvd &").

So I was just wondering what difference it makes for mrcvd whether it is
launched by init or by rc-system? (Only one that I'm aware of is the
respawn, however it doesn't ever go down when launced from a shell, it
just doesn't work...)

I'm just trying to learn here, it's not really have a problem.

// Dag Sverre