Father Peter wrote:
> Dear Mr. McQuillan,
>
> Thank you for this valuable information, and for all of your work on the
> LTSP Project.
>
> Which version of Ubuntu do you recommend for an LTSP server -- the server or
> workstation version?

I would go with the server version, and then install the
'ubuntu-desktop' package which should take care of getting all the stuff
you need for workstation users. You could alternatively install the
'kubuntu-desktop' to get KDE or 'xubuntu-desktop' to get xfce.

I'm interested to see your opinion of Ubuntu after trying it. I'm
absolutely amazed at what those guys can do. Plus, i've had the great
opportunity to get to know many of the developers, and they really do
care deeply about what they are doing.

If you have any questions, you can almost always find me in #ltsp on
irc.freenode.net. There's information on the LTSP website for
connecting, if you don't know how.

Jim.