Hi Joe,

Thanks for the tip. Ideally vmware should do the trick. Linux on top of a Win2003 server
should be OK but vmware can slow things down a good deal, so I thought a cygwin
environment with the dhcpd, tftpd and nfsdĀ  services running should do the job at a much
lower CPU penalty. Maybe win2003 server can be made to run all these services
without the need to install cygwin -- I just don't know.

The reason for me wanting to use the win2003 server only, is thatĀ  users want to use
primarily windows on the thin clients, and it would be nice to have to worry about a single
server instead of two. This is intended as a 20-seat system in a primary school,
so the less hardware the better.

I'll look into vmware and how it performs on our WTS server and report here if I find
anything worth noting.

Chhers
Sami

Joe Auerbach wrote:
I doubt it.  Cygwin isn't really a linux OS at all, so I doubt it has
the correct libraries to run ltsp.

Now I could see it working with emulation (ie Vmware).  In fact, i'm
sure at leasty one person here runs linux on vmware as a server, though
how well it works is debateable.

What is the reason you have to use hte windows server?  dhcp
restrictions, maybe? Something else?

H. Sami Sozuer wrote:

Hi,

I realize this is a strange question, but is it possible
to install ltsp on a windows2003+cygwin system and
have the terminals boot properly?

I need the clients to be running linux locally, but they'll
be connecting to a win2003 terminal server.

Sami Sozuer