On Friday 19 January 2007 08:21, Tomoki Taniguchi wrote:
> I tried to see if there was a way to turn off the drive in the BIOS,
> but there was no option for it.  The only other way to do this is for
> me to open up the laptop and remove the drive completely.

Why not do that then?  Almost always the HDD lives under a separate cover and
is normally quite easy to remove (sometimes a bit fiddly to replace though!)
Often they are screwed into a carrier tray which is attached to the cover so
that once the cover screws are removed, you can pull the whole assembly out.

Cheers,

AJ