Tadeu F. Oliveira wrote:
> Hi, Everybody
> does anyone have tried LTSP with some kind of load balance?
> Is there any try to use LTSP with OpenMosix or something such?

Yes, we've tried LTSP with home-made load balancing.

We set up two identical LTSP servers, _BOTH_ of them (that's the trick)
with DHCP server. The only difference between them (besides IP, of
course) is that each DHCP server pointed to himself as TFTP server, NFS
server and such.

This way, the most loaded server is slower to answer the DHCP petition
of a booting client, thus the less loaded server answers DHCP first and
"gets the client".

The results we've obtained at Ejercicios Resueltos are that there were
never more than a 20% difference in number of clients being served by
each LTSP twinserver.

Greetings

Noel Torres
er Envite