On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Frank Cox wrote:

> The interesting thing is that my desktop appears to work fine otherwise.  I
> haven't tried  anything else full-screen yet to see if it will lock up, but
> everything that I have tried running in a window works fine (so far).  Does it
> somehow require more ram to display a full-screen picture than it takes to
> display a full-screen desktop with windows open?
>
> Thank you very much for your suggestions.  Any further ideas are most welcome.

Open Office is a bit of a pig when it comes to memory.  Sure you're
system isn't running out of memory?

Can you login to the system over the nework when it is locked?  If you
can you can look for the offending process or look at e.g. memory
occupancy while it runs.

    rg

--
Robert G. Brown                        http://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/
Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305