Hi :-)
IMHO This is NOT about VGA. This is about LCD.

I do NOT think u can run (real = native != virtual) 1280*1024 on
> Now we got 19" Wide screen TFTs that should be run on 1440x900
because 900<1024. So, u have a HW_LCD problem :)
You just can not have "more pixel" then are in LCD. (Of course, u can
have lower or "virtual higher").
If I'm bad - correct me gyus.

--
Jan Kunder