Chuck Stuettgen a écrit :
> On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 09:02 +0800, jam wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 12:08 -0700,
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>>> Hi. I install the new Edubuntu. All ok, but I can't run Autologin in
>>> the clients.  I have installed the version  5.0.40 de ldm, this the
>>> default version of Edubuntu. I put in my lts.conf:
>>>
>>> [00:0C:29:28:10:7D]
>>> LDM_USERNAME=ws250
>>> LDM_PASSWORD=ws250
>>>
>>> but nothing, don' work. Only  I see the windows login.
>>>
>>> are there anything that can I do?
>>>
>> Mario I built a version of gdm with francis' patches. It works.
>> Mail me if you want a copy.
>>
>> I can't believe this is still an issue! we've been talking about it on
>> list all year and longer. Anyone-who-knows what is happening ?
>>
>> James
>>

> I sure would like to know whats going on as well.  Francis' LDM patch
> fixes Auto login but breaks LDM_REMOTECMD

Hi,

I search inside sources, and I can't find how the patch I made for
autologin affects the LDM_REMOTECMD.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/tmp/ldm-5.0.40~bzr20080212$ grep -r LDM_REMOTECMD *
debian/changelog:      New option LDM_REMOTECMD to control command
executed on remote host when ldm login is performed.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/tmp/ltsp-5.0.40~bzr20080212$ grep -r LDM_REMOTECMD *
client/getltscfg/lts.conf:    LDM_REMOTECMD=/usr/bin/myloginscript
client/lts-parameters.txt:LDM_REMOTECMD       A custom command (path
Xsession        use to override default session
debian/changelog:      New option LDM_REMOTECMD to control command
executed on remote host when ldm login is performed.

It seems that this variable is not used at all.

> and disables access to the LDM
> Shutdown option.

In GDM, there is a delay to let the user do something before performing
autologin. Do you think it would fill your needs? Otherwise, what do you
suggests?

Cheer,

Francis

--
Francis Giraldeau, Ing jr.
Analyste Infrastructure

Revolution Linux Inc.
2100 King ouest - bureau 260
Sherbrooke (Québec)
J1J 2E8 CANADA

http://www.revolutionlinux.com

Toutes les opinions et les prises de position exprimees dans ce courriel
sont celles de son auteur et ne representent pas necessairement celles
de Revolution Linux

Any views and opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Revolution Linux