Was: Server's root file system accessed by LTSP clients instead of "chrooted"
file system (LTSP5 on Ubuntu8.10)

Many thanks to Jam, Mark David Dumlao and Rob Owens for clarifying to me the
case with the chrooted file system. This point is all clear (even to me!) now.

Still I do not understand the NBD-related error. Since in a different test
set-up (Intel Xeon server, Dell Optiplex GX1 Pentium III clients), the thin
clients seem to get hung over that error. The error messages (as stated before)
on tty1 read:

    Negotiation: .. size = 177872KB
    bs=1024, sz=177872
    [   23.082530] nbd0: Receive control failed (result -32)
    Kernel call returned: Broken pipe Reconnecting
    Negotiation: .. size = 177872KB
    Error: Ioctl/1.1a failed: Bad file descriptor

Some clients (more modern processor? What would that have to do with anything?)
get over this better than others. Though, I suspect that the getting hung may
also be due to incorrect X configurations. -- Can anyone give me a clue on
where to keep on searching? Your input is very much appreciated!

Sincerely,
Stefan Müller, Switzerland