Gideon Romm wrote:

> Then, the other piece is to make a temporary homedir for each user
> account that logs in that is based upon your golden one.  Well, that can
> be done with pam_mount and unionfs.  the tmpfs overlay can either be
> something created on the fly, or it can be something static that is
> flushed upon login by a script.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing right now and what I want to reuse
for the thin clients as well, but how? All pam stuff happens on the
server side, so I need a paradigm for determining which temporary
directory should be used for each machine (maybe based on MAC address?).

Do you have some example code that would illustrate this?

- Marius