Hi Ben,

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 10:24:02PM +0000, Ben Green wrote:

> Remote usb disks do actually get mounted, it's just that they don't
> get bind mounted to /media/<user>/ as they should and hence don't
> get shown on the desktop. There are also remove cleanup issues, but
> I'd be happy to get to a desktop item to start with.

Same problem here, with exactly the same setup as yours !

Originaly reported here :

http://marc.info/?l=ltsp-discuss&m=127959057119525&w=2

The LTSP server is in a VServer, runing on your kernel :

Linux jones.jfs.dt 2.6.31.14-vs2.3.0.36.28.2-beng #1 SMP Mon Aug 9 10:18:48 BST
2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I have the same problem with Squeeze and the Lenny backports.

> If there are 32-bit/64-bit I guess I should install the 32-bit
> binaries of lbmount and friends, together with the appropriate
> 32-bit libraries on my 64-bit LTSP server. I'll figure out how to do
> this soon, but will hope for more info from those more in the know
> also.

Vagrant's message gives me the idea to test with a full 32bit VServer,
and see if it makes a difference.  Perhaps I will have time to do so
this week-end and report results to the list.

Could you also keep the list in touch with your findings ?

Tia,

--

JFS.