Re,

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 08:56:21AM +0000, Ben Green wrote:

> >which sounds like the point where it's failing. that's basically what lbmount
> >is doing:
> >
> >  mount --move /tmp/.ltspfs-user/mountpoint /media/user/mountpoint
> >

> Bingo!! You've found the fault.
>
> r...@platinum:~# mkdir -p /foo/ /bar/
> r...@platinum:~#   mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /foo/
> r...@platinum:~#   mount --move /foo/ /bar/
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /foo,
>        missing codepage or helper program, or other error
>        In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
>        dmesg | tail  or so

I can confirm this behavior here under 2.6.31.14-vs2.3.0.36.28.2-beng
and 2.6.31.13-vs2.3.0.36.28.2-beng

Exactly the same as your observations : no problem on the host, not
possible in a vserver (of course with ad hoc fs mounting
capabilities).

Thanks for your post on the VServer ML ; I'm wating for a response
too.

A+

--

JFS.