On 01/04/2012 05:17 PM, Lachele Foley (Lists) wrote:
> As Rüdiger suggested, I'm pretty certain the issue is the graphics
> driver, but I don't know how to fix it.  It could even be the ethernet
> driver, but graphics seems more likely.
>
> I'm using nvidia-current because it's the only driver that will work
> at all.

The proprietary nvidia drivers are not prepared for a multi-client
environment. The driver replaces libglx.so with a version that is
compatible only with nvidia hardware. I.e., when this driver is
installed, it breaks 3d acceleration of *any other* driver. You should
install this driver (even on the server) only, if all of your clients
have nvidia hardware. Any other x driver will break thereafter.

This bug took me almost a year to discover.

So, just for a test, you would like to try the nouveau driver. They are
"well-bahaved". If your problem is gone with the nouveau driver, blame
nvidia :-).

Rüdiger

--
Dr. Rüdiger Kupper <k...@kg-fds.de>