I am a total noob at Edubuntu and even networking in general but I finally
managed to get a client to boot and log into the server but when it does
the desktop is missing any navigation. There is no icons in the top right
that indicate network connection, date, username reboot etc. There are no
program icons in the left menu either.

There is, however, a folder on the desktop titled "untitled folder". It is
filled with the os folders and files.

How do I get the client to display programs?

--
BungeeBones.com - A B2B Link Exchange - Free Links in limited locations -
human edited and reviewed - Networked online advertising business