It's difficult to advise.
Maybe possible to boot clients until a terminal fails. Sign of a good
client and watch system logs while signing on a new client.
You must be able to see the bootup in one of the logs.
You must have checked top and system performance.
Make a new minimum image and see if it helps. You could make a bigger image
and see if it makes it worse.
Check your lts.conf for syntax, maybe it does not read the max users
setting line.
I'm getting rusty as I don't install ltsp any more.
Peter

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Alberto Asuero <albertoasu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> No, we dont' use ltsp-pnp
>
> We've done the following tests and it could be interesting.
>
> We've two school rooms with the same hardware (server and thin clients) in
> different cities.
>
> School Room A: 15 thin clients.
> School Room B: 20 thin clients
>
> We've done lots of test and we can conclude the following: when a terminal
> works fine it always works but when a terminal fails it starts one time of
> 20 more or less. In our tests we've around 87% of "good" terminals and a
> 13% of "bad" terminals.
>
> Room A: 3 thin clients fails. 3 "bad" clients and 12 "good" clients
> Room B: 4 thin clients fails. 4 "bad" clients and 16 "good" clients
>
> We've  even test "bad" thin clients of Room A into RoomB and it also fails.
>
> We now understood it could be a hardware issue which generates Kernel
> Panic randomly in "bad" clients so it's imposible to access the system when
> it's frozen, but it's hard to explain to my client because the "bad" thin
> clients can start an Ubuntu 12.04 from USB and the Fujitsu's SO included in
> the SD card. Also the client starting the boot splash.
>
> Any ideas? Any approach to debug?
>
> Thanks guys!
>

> :
> On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Peter D Knight <pdk.kni...@gmail.com>wrote: