> Hello list,
>
> I was wondering if LuaRocks has a way to represent alternative
> dependencies. For instance, I have a library where I need something to
> compute a MD5 sum, but I support different libraries for that (md5,
> crypto, digest). Same thing for JSON parser: I may want luajson *or*
> cjson.
>
> How do you represent this kind of requirement in a rockspec?

No answer? Nobody ever had that problem? :(

What I think I'll do if this isn't feasible is depend arbitrarily
on one of the alternatives and add a comment in the rockspec, but
this is not really satisfying...

If there is no solution to this maybe we could add one. For instance,
we could maybe have that syntax:

    dependencies = {
       "lua >= 5.1",
       {"md5", "crypto"},
    }

meaning: "If you have either md5 or crypto it's OK, otherwise install md5."

Thoughts?

--
Pierre Chapuis