On 14 August 2013 10:13, steve donovan <steve.j.dono...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Pierre Chapuis <catw...@archlinux.us>
> wrote:
>>
>> strings in the dependencies table so if we allow tables
>> to mean alternative dependencies it would not break any
>> existing rockspec, would it?
>
> Hisham checks rockspecs thoroughly, so we can't just sneak in a feature ;)

Yeah, users running older versions of LuaRocks would have problems if
we simply add a feature. We'd have to bump the rockspec format version
number and specify that in the rockspec, so at least they get a proper
error message saying the rockspec is incompatible.

> However, it is again time to discuss a new version of the rockspec format.

Indeed, and probably time to start a new branch in git and start adding to it!

-- Hisham