Hi Paul,

I'd suggest letting /boot live in / (/boot can fill with old kernels if you
do not keep a close eye on them!)
Unless you are expecting to launch huge applications (not games, as they do
not like using swap) 2GB is enough for swap
My / partition which has boot, my log files and data files for my myriad of
applications still only uses 7.2Gb So, even to be cautious where your games
are installed, I'd think 20 GB for / would be ample and allocate the rest
to home.

I'm not a gamer, but a good resource to have these questions answered is
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Valve which includes a link IRC chat if you want to
ask for a quick reply as to where the data is stored and confirming if
having 20 Gb of / will leave you plenty of room.

Regards,

Phill.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw