On Mon, May 13, 2013, at 03:26 AM, Phill Whiteside wrote:

>> docs team are going with mallard, the wiki area will be updated
>> after vUDS

Which is fine, but not what http://ubuntu-manual.org uses. So Lubuntu
would be unable to borrow from that existing body of work without
extensive reformatting effort.  Or will the "docs team" reformat all of
the content at http://ubuntu-manual.org into Mallard right away??

As far as I can see, Mallard is primarily intended for online browseable
documentation, with output to other offline formats being secondary.
LaTeX appears to be the other way around in terms of its priorities.

Being old, as well as old-school, I'm familiar with LaTeX but not with
Mallard...

If the goal is, as Yorvyk put it, "creating a Lubuntu version of
http://ubuntu-manual.org/"; , then I'd suggesting using the document
source format and tools from that site, for ease of re-using and editing
their existing content.

Jonathan
--
  Jonathan Marsden