On 2013-05-13 23:41, Jonathan Marsden wrote:
> Ali and Phill,
>
> On Mon, May 13, 2013, at 06:51 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
>
>> If I write say 20% of the pages. When we will move to a new system,
>> can this be transferred or should be 're-written' again? re-write the
>> whole thing?
>
> When Phill says "we will be using Mallard", the referent of the pronoun
> "we" is unclear.  I think Phill means "the official Ubuntu documentation
> team".  Not the Lubuntu Wiki team.  Not the (yet to be formed) group of
> people who may be working on an Lubuntu-specific version or equivalent
> of http://ubuntu-manual.org.
>
>> AND ... is it a MUST that we follow that plan? can we still use the
>> same Wiki Format? ...
>
> Relax.  The wiki is not going to stop using existing (Moinmoin) wiki
> formatting.
>
> The needs of a document formatting system for online informal
> documentation (such as a wiki) are *different* from those of a more
> formal offline documentation approach (such as a printed manual).  The
> discussion item in vUDS is for *offline* documentation (a manual, or a
> set of manuals).  No- one (as far as I know) is suggesting replacing the
> Ubuntu wiki with some new and different technology for online
> documentation that needs different markup.
>
> Let's keep the different kinds of documentation needs clear in our
> minds.
>
> Jonathan

Hi Jonathan and everybody else,

Do you know if there is a tool to make off-line manuals from the wiki
pages (or from the moinmoin source code)?

Or the other way around?

I'm asking because I'm maintaining 'Lubuntu-fake-PAE' and need both the
wiki pages and some kind of off-line manuals for it.

Best regards
Nio