First thing to do, make sure HP linux drivers are installed.

You can use Synaptic Package Manager to install a Package called 'hplip'

After this you can try to find the network printer. If not found, you need
to use HP tools to make sure your printer is connected to the network. If
you can access your router, try to find DHCP leases, and figure out the IP
address the printer gets.