On Oct 21, 2016 1:19 AM, "Dennis Castanos" <denniscasta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I bought a new HP LaserJetPrinter M402n. I am completely lost on how to
hook up wireless printing. USB works great. I have a ethernet cable from
the printer to the Netgear router, but the printer is not showing up in
Lubuntu.

> I'm not a geek, but appreciate the simplicity of lubuntu. No windows 10
for me.

> Dennis
>
> --

I'm no expert but I think there seems to be a problem with 16.04 with
regards to printers or printing. First of all,  several weeks ago  some
folks confirmed my observation that CUPS is not included in the lubuntu
live cd. Secondly, even after installing cups, it cannot detect a network
printer. Tried this in three desktop computers so I'm quite certain.  (The
printer is connected via cable to a windows computer, and this windows
computer is connected to wifi. Another computer, a lubuntu system, is
connected to the same wifi. It used to be that the lubuntu computer can
detect the printer thru wifi. That was 14.04. But now with 16.04,  it
cannot.) I hope this get fixed.