@Walter:

> > > Um, so you're saying that the problem is solved? Strangest story ever.
> > Right.  It "appears" to be "solved" . . . for now, but yep, you could say
> > that "'strange' is my middle name" . . .
>
> Well, good. Can I quote you on that, by the way? XD

Sure, quote away . . . .

> The contents of /var/crash can get wiped (this is normal, actually; it's
> abnormal when you have things sitting in there), so I'm not too
> surprised the original disappeared, but you should have this copy, no?

I have the name of the file that was "ls" -ted, but not the contents of
that file, which didn't seem to show up, or I didn't know how to get it to
show up.

> > there are some "issues" that go along with running
> > multi-boot systems
>
> Yes, this! I totally caution people against them.

Me too . . . don't do it . . . it's a terrible affliction . . . .

> > "inode_val:
> > object (oid 0x2b644e): invalid internal flags . . . "  errors
>
> An inode refers to the filesystem. Maybe your disk is dying? Weird
> problems are often caused by hardware failures. Software— algorithms—
> are predictable. Faulty circuitry is not.

"Death is inevitable, suffering is not . . ."  but, um, SSD is less than a
year old, shouldn't quite be "dying" just yet . . . one would "hope."

> > that disk's partition is
> > formatted as APFS, and that is a new format that Apple is using
>
> Are you sure GRUB supports this? They certainly don't list it in the
> [filesystem section][1] of their manual.

No, I don't think Grub supports APFS, question is whether Apple does . . .
possibly Grub does support +HFS, but I haven't taken the time to set up
Grub so it will boot the OSX options, I just use Grub to get into the linux
side of things . . . but, there is an "APFS" "dmesg" section that runs
**before** the Grub window loads, and it's hard to know if that has
interfered with the Grub menu, or not.  Historically the OSX side has not
been "friendly" to the linux side, breaking Grub links willy-nilly when
running an upgrade . . . any of that could be causing problems in "the
system" . . . ?????  The APFS formatting might be overwhelming the other
formats??

Later today, I'll try to get back to the Lu system and find the name of the
"crash" file . . . but, main reason for posting here was that these "system
program problem" error windows that open, don't provide any way of seeing
the details, as traditionally they have, there used to be an arrow for a
drop down menu that would "show details" . . . now it's just "report?" or
"cancel" as the two choices, without knowing what it is we are reporting .
. . ???