I want to clarify that graduation is a somewhat gradual process, and
the early parts are not much work. You create a resolution for the
board that would establish your project. You conduct a community vote.
We conduct an IPMC vote. At the next board meeting, which could then
be as much as 30 days later, the board (hopefully) adopts the
resolution.

*Then* you have actual work to do to move your code and web site and such.