Does this have better performance than using DateFilter?
Regards,
Hui

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Michael Barry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent: Wed 1/22/2003 10:27 AM
        To: Lucene Users List
        Subject: Re: Range queries

        I utilize the earlier version and queries such as this work fine with
        QueryParser:

        field:[ 20030120 - 20030125 ]

        of course the back-end indexer canonocalizes all date fields to YYYYMMDD.
        The front-end search code is responsible for canonocalizing the user inputed
        dates to YYYYMMDD. I think the key here would be either to not allow
        users to
        enter free-form dates (provide some type of UI element to enter year, month,
        day seperately) or give some copy stating dates should be in YYYYMMDD
        format.

        -Mike.

<<winmail.dat>>