On Wednesday 22 January 2003 07:49, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> Unfortunately I don't believe date field range queries work with
> QueryParser, or at least not human-readable dates.
>
> Is that correct?
>
> I think it supports date ranges if they are turned into a numeric
> format, but no human would type that kind of query in.  I'm sure
> supporting true date range queries gets tricky with locale issues and
> such too.

Right. In my case that's ok -- the documents I'll be indexing are hybrid
documents, with some structured/plain text content and additional metadata
(in DB normalized form). Thus the dates (from normalized metadata fields) can
easily be converted to numeric form and indexed (for things like "last
modified" etc that'd be normally searched via DB).

The other part (UI) needs more work... either need to add a new quoting
mechanism for dates (or just do that for if certain field prefix is used), or
(more likely) the UI will use simple web forms for constructing query.

Thanks to everyone for quick replies,

-+ Tatu +-