From: John Takacs [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 1:52 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: RE: commercial websites powered by Lucene?

Hi Nader,

This thread is by far one of the best, and most practical.  It will only
be topped when someone provides benchmarks for a DMOZ.org type directory
of 3 million plus urls.  I would love to, but the whole JavaCC thing is
a show stopper.

Questions:

I noticed that search is a little slow.  What has been your experience?
Perhaps it was a bandwidth issue, but I'm living in a country with the
greatest internet connectivity and penetration in the world (South
Korea), so I don't think that is an issue on my end.

You have 500,000 resumes.  Based on the steps you took to get to
500,000, do you think your current setup will scale to millions, like
say, 3 million or so?

What is your hardware like?  CPU/RAM?

Warm regards, and thanks for sharing.  If I can ever get passed the
Lucene/JavaCC installation failure, I'll share my benchmarks on the
above directory scenario.

John