On Jan 25, 2004, at 5:36 PM, Pasha Bizhan wrote:
My code is only example  and RussianCharsets.RussianUnicode too.
We use RussianCharsets.CP1251. But other people can use other charset.

I think that Russian Analyser must not has no-arg constructor.
The choise of default charset is not evident.
The user must specify charset.

I thin that original problem is Luke's problem, not Russian Analyser.

Do you understand me?

Yes, I understand now. I think it is reasonable to have a no-arg constructor in this case though. Even if there is no one standard character set, it will be up to the user of the API to specify one if the default is not good enough.

I'd like to keep the no-arg constructor there, but perhaps if there is a more commonly used character set than RussianUnicode we could switch to that.

Any objections?