On Mar 26, 2004, at 1:33 PM, Chad Small wrote:
Is this :) serious?

This is open-source. I'm only as serious as it would take for someone to push it through. I don't know what the timeline is, although lots of new features are available.

Because we have a need/interest in the new field sorting capabilities and QueryParser keyword handling of dashes ("-") that would be in 1.4, I believe. It's so much easier to explain that we'll use a "final" release of Lucene instead of a "dev build" Lucene.

Why explain it?! Just show great results and let that be the explanation :)

If so, what would an expected release date be?

*shrug* - feel free to lobby for it. I don't know what else is planned before a release.