Good People -

The conventional wisdom regarding theatrical stage is
that if one cannot do a good job at an accent, one
should not do it at all (this explains why in a recent
Robin Hood movie, for example, the main character
sounded like a Yank - that and Kevin Costner can't
act).

This does not entitle one not to practice at dialects,
though.  I feel this is as applicable to the musical
stage as well.

It's all just vowels when one sings, after all.

Right?