>Dear All,
>
>I have just had a phone call from someone who has been asked to play
>the Vivaldi lute concerto, but they don't know what instrument it is
>for. It goes up to c''', i.e. two octaves above middle c'.

I just read an article about this. I'm looking for it but can't find
it. It must have been in the 2002 Lute Society Journal because I
couldn't find it in the index for the Journals at the LuteSoc website
and that only goes up to 2001. It made a strong case for the mandora
for Vivaldi concertos and ensemble works.
--
Ed Durbrow
Saitama, Japan