Dear Patrick and All:
 Even more interesting would be whether the film features a cittern. Such
an instrument (apparently the same instrument, a tenor with a striped back)
is featured in no fewer than five of Vermeer's paintings.
Yours,
Jim

|         |           Patrick H        |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           com>             |
|         |           01/05/2004 12:30 |

  |       To:       Lute List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                      |
  |       cc:
                                          |
  |       Subject:  Girl with the Pearl Earing

I had a chance to see a preview of the Johannes Vermeer movie, Girl with a
Pearl Earing, several weeks ago, but due to a bad storm I missed it.  I
have since seen the preview, and there are scenes of Vermeer with his
models painting.   I was wondering if anyone had seen the movie yet, and
whether any lutes were featured?   Either on the soundtrack or being played
by the models.