Dear luters,

I'm looking at the SEDIM edition of Airs de Cours Pour Voix et Luth,
and I have some questions.  The lute parts don't always match the
accompaniment parts in staff notation.  Is this because some of the
songs were written for lute in A, some for lute in F, and some for lute
in G etc., or is the singer supposed to adapt the pitch of the song to
the reqirements of a lute in G?  Along that same line, some of the lute
parts are preceded by a dotted double barline with a tablature letter
behind it;  what does that mean?

Also, is it appropriate to simply take the bass lines of these songs
and make one's own continuo part from them?

My other question is:  can any of you recommend some good recordings of
airs de cour?

Regards,

David Rastall