Oh yes Gordon!
I was visitor at a diploma recital in Zurich recently. She has the
perfect pitch. The good thing for her was: she could just starting to
sing without a note given by piano or harpsichord.
Her program changed between A=415 for Purcell and other early music (I
really liked the parts from "Pills to purge melancholy") and A=440hz for
schumann and the classic romantic repertoire. So I wondered how she
could manage this. I asked her at the beer after the recital and she
told me she would "think" in A=440, so the early keys she would need to
"think" a half tone down (so imagine a piece notated in G and think it
in F Sharp - nothing I would like to do).
The viol player, who also has perfect pitch complained the singer would
have used a
musical clock (for the small intermissions she needed to redress and
change position on stage) in A = 437 which would have sound very awkward
and completly out of tune to her.
I wondered and would liked to ask her what she thinks about the
different tuning models (meantone etc.) but discussion went away to
Robby Williams whom the piano player from New York didn't knew ...

Best wishes
Thomas

--
Thomas Schall