> The easiest and the most fool-proof solution is to play with a strap, AND
> loop the strap-string that is tied to the peg-box *around any treble side
> peg [the ones that point to the floor]*. That is sufficient for absolute
> stability.
> RT
For once we are in agreement, even at my beginner status I finally figured
that out. The first attempt was to set the strap at both ends of the body
with pins at each end. Looping the string end on a "downside peg" seemed too
obvious, but it turned out to work. Now I have an extra "strap pin" that I
can use somewhere else. BTW, for those looking at the expensive guitar
straps, I got a light, and adjustable (and innocuous black) strap for $6.95
at a local store that is probably a franchise (Musician's Workshop). I
suggest it is a franchise, and national, as they had their logo on the
strap - and that would require volume sales.

Best, Jon