David,

> Some of the professional choral groups such as the Hilliard Ensemble
> have recorded shape-note singing, but most of the fasola community
> laugh at them.  To bring a trained voice into a shape-note sing, or to
> "perform" that music in any way, is to completely miss the point.

I was thinking more of some brief clips of amateur competitions I've seen on
TV news, but even that would seem to deny the purpose.

Whatever, I have a trained voice but won't be bringing it into the sing. I
lost it some years ago in a miasma of Cigareets and Whuskey. I've been
trying to get the Wild,Wild Wimmen to help me search through the fog to find
it, but so far have had no success.

Best, Jon