Dear All:
 Pardon me if I've missed one of the many postings on this matter, but I
thought I'd throw my two cents in.
 Korg makes an "orchestral" tuner with various temperament settings. I
don't have one, but I gather it's similar to their former MT-1200 "Master
Tune" model. This tuner, which I use regularly, has several pre-set
temperaments and a couple of programmable settings. The new one looks to be
about half the size, thanks to the steady march of technology.
 For those interested in fret placement, the article, and especially the
accompanying charts, by David Dolata in a 1994 issue of the Lute Society of
America Quarterly is very useful. One can basically skip all the
theoretical stuff and just use the charts to place the frets.
Yours,
Jim